Person court proceedings. Media can be invited to view and listen to a proceeding by sending a request to the Communications Office at [email protected] If you are new to teleconferencing via WebEx, we recommend that you first review this site for basic instructions from Cisco on joining a test meeting. The most popular versions among WebEx Player users are 29.9, 3.2 and 2.7. This free software is an intellectual property of CISCO. The latest version of WebEx Player is supported on PCs running Windows 7/10, 32-bit. This download was checked by our antivirus and was rated as malware free. WebEx Player is categorized as Multimedia Tools.
When you enter a meeting, you will be prompted to select your audio and video connections.
For a quick overview, watch this video from Cisco about connecting audio and video.
Although it isn't required, using video makes meetings more engaging and is recommended. However, video does take up extra bandwidth. This can be a problem if you are joining a meeting from a location that doesn't have a great internet connection.
Click the video button to toggle video on/off.
Good audio is essential to a productive meeting. Depending on the hardware you have available, where you are located, and your personal preferences, you can choose from one of several audio connections.
Choosing Use computer for audio will connect audio through your computer (VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol). WebEx will allow you to use dropdown menus to select speakers and microphones that are either built into or connected to your computer. It is highly recommended that you test your audio before a meeting.
Connecting and Testing Computer Audio
1. Select Use computer audio from the audio connection menu.
2. Click Test speaker and microphone toward the bottom right corner of the WebEx window. A “Speaker and Microphone” window will open. Use the Test buttons to check your speaker and microphone. You can also use the dropdown menus to change your device selections. Close the window when you are done.
3. When you are ready, click Start Meeting.
Choosing Call in will connect audio over the phone by using call-in information that WebEx provides.
1. Select Call infrom the audio connection menu.
2. Click the green Start Meeting button to join.
3. The meeting will launch. A “Call In” window will appear. Use your telephone to call the number provided. When prompted, enter the meeting Access Code and your Attendee ID.
Choose Don’t connect to audio if you want to join the meeting, but do not want to connect audio. An example of when you might do this includes if you are also joining the meeting in a conference room using the room's audiovisual equipment. If multiple audio sources in the same room are connected to the same meeting, it will create feedback that is disruptive to the meeting.
When you are ready to join the meeting, click the green Start Meeting button.
Want to take a test drive?
WebEx offers a useful test meeting environment where you can play around with your audio and video settings, practice sharing content, and more.
To try a test meeting:
1. Go to the WebEx test meeting site.
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Click Join. WebEx will start a meeting for you. You can practice sharing connecting, adjusting your audio and video settings, etc.
4. When you are done, click on the red x button () in the bottom toolbar.
Having trouble with not hearing the speaker, or they can't hear you or both.
- Audio source by selecting the drop down arrows
- Test if you hear any sound or input coming from your microphone and speakers
- Adjust the output and input levels of your speaker and microphone.
Webex Media Test
This is a Cisco product- for more information see https://cisco.com/go/webex
Webex Test Url
|Keywords:||Webex, Webex Meeting, Webex Events, Cisco, audio, trouble with audio, webex audio, audio troubles, audio troubleshooting, can't hear audioSuggest keywords||Doc ID:||88023|
|Owner:||KATHLEEN K.||Group:||Cisco Webex|
|Created:||2018-11-28 11:14 CST||Updated:||2020-09-08 13:44 CST|
|Sites:||Cisco Webex, DoIT Help Desk, DoIT Tech Store|
|Feedback:||110CommentSuggest a new document|