- Photo Editing Software For Apple
- Free Photo Editing Software For Macbook
- Macbook Photo Editing Software Free
- Photo Editing For Macbook Pro
- Free Photo Editing Mac
- Best Free Photo Editing Software Macbook
Does anyone know of any free photo editing programs that I can download and run with OSX 10.6.8 (snow leopard)???? I plan on upgrading my OS to yosemite and purchasing lightroom within a month or so but I have to upgrade the ram on my macbook before I can do that. So I am just looking for something to use in the meantime. After testing the leading photo editing software, Adobe Photoshop Elements emerged as our top pick for its robust yet accessible editing tools. It's available for PCs and Macs, it also has a gentle.
Taking photos is the best way to preserve treasured moments and precious memories. We take photos using our cameras or our phones and we save these photos in our computers. When we save these photos into our computers, it gets a little messy and it’s so hard to find specific photos when we need them especially if there are thousands of them saved in our computers.
Remember the time when we were only able to take photos using film cameras? Once we have those films developed and printed out, we organize these photos into photo albums per occasion or per memory. We need something similar to this to be able to organize all our photos on our computer.
Just try to imagine a very close friend is leaving. You want to compile all your happy memories shared together. It’s going to take forever to be able to find all those photos if you don’t have a photo organizer in your computer. You will waste hours or even days trying to find all those photos when you could have saved a lot of time if you had a photo organizer in your computer.
Verdict: The licensed version of Pixelmator is widely perceived as of the best photo editing apps for Mac from third-party developers.It features an easy-to-navigate interface with a set of basic features that will make your workflow easier. An amazing feature that Pixelmator Pro offers is the naming of layers imported from external files by their content.
Don’t fret. There are a lot of photo organizing softwares available in the market and we have chosen the best ones. Here is a list of the 20 best photo organizing software for windows which are free to download.
Photo Organizing Software for Windows & Mac
digiKam is an advanced open-source digital photo management tool that can be used on Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
digiKam allows you to upload, delete, and lock images. You can also auto-rename and auto-rotate pictures while importing them. digiKam allows the auto-creation of albums and lossless conversion of the images during import. It also shows the information of the camera used in taking these photos.
digiKam allows you group together raw files, videos, and photos into albums and sub-albums. It also lets you add comments and tags to photos and albums. You can sort the albums by creation date, category, or by folder. The images or videos inside the album can be sorted out by name, file size, path, and date. You can also create a filter for the albums.
You can export the photos to social media such as Facebook, Flickr, Flash etc.
2. FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewing tool used as a browser, converter, and editor.
- Supports different formats such as jpeg, bmp, png, gif, etc.
- Import images from a camera, scanner, and media devices
- Different management and editing features such as sorting images into albums, image comparison, metadata editing, color adjustments, resizing, cropping, creating a slideshow, etc.
XnViewMP is a very powerful and efficient photo viewer, browser, and converter that can be used on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Reads and supports more than 500 formats including animated still formats
- Exports to 70 different file formats
- Change the size of the pictures and reduce the file size of photos
- Organize your photo library in various views such as full screen thumbnail, or filmstrip
- Rename and convert images in batches
- Find duplicate images
PicaJet is an award-winning, powerful, and feature rich digital photo management and image database software that can help you organize your photos efficiently.
- Create various image categories
- High speed photo indexing
- Automatic import of folder names and metadata information as categories
- Use image icons or icon sets for different categories
- Dynamic categories that allow one to check the status of an entire photo collection
- Works with huge databases, that is, an album can contain even ten thousands of photos and you can create unlimited number of albums
- Allows you to save the photos on a CD or DVD
- Super zoom feature with just one click
- Hide private photos by using the hidden tag
- Imports images from cameras, scanners, webcams, and computer folders
- Batch metadata editing
- Supports more than 60 image file formats
- Supports video files such as AVI, QuickTime, MPEG2, ASF, MPEG4, etc.
- Search through filters
- Search by any criteria including camera model, shutter speed, ISO, etc.
- View images in a timeline
- Automatic response to external file changes
- Send photos to mobile phone
5. Zoner Photo Studio X
Zoner Photo Studio X is a high-powered photo editing software that allows you to import, organize, and edit photos. Once you import photos from your camera, Zoner Photo Studio sorts them into folders automatically. It can rename, tag, and even back up photos. It saves all the essential information about the photos into a database called the Catalog which makes managing and searching photos more efficiently.
- Quick selection of images for import
- Auto-sort photos into folders by place, date, and keywords
- Batch assignment of keywords, descriptions, etc
- Batch renaming
- Browse by location, date, or keywords
- Colored labels and star ratings
6. StudioLine Photo Basic
StudioLine Photo Basic is an image management tool with a couple of editing and presentation features.
- Easily share videos and photos on the web
- Edit photos with image tools such as exposure correction, red eye removal, crop, rotate, add special effects, and auto tone levels
- Burn photos into a CD or DVD
- Geotag images
- Automatically load files that were not previously loaded
- Supports dual monitor video cards
- Batch processing
- Sort images according to criteria
7. JetPhoto Studio
JetPhoto Studio is an easy-to-use and feature-rich digital photography software.
- Management of photos using the calendar and map
- Geotag photos using GPS
- Create web and Flash galleries with just a few clicks
- Upload desktop albums into web albums like Flickr with just one click
- Create Google Map galleries using geotagged images
Tested on the latest version of Mac and Windows 10.
8. Magix Photo Manager
Magix Photo Manager is a free program that allows you to easily manage your collection of photos.
- Import photos direct from cameras, smartphones, and also various cloud services
- Facial recognition
- Categorize and rate of photos
- Removes duplicate photos
- Find similar image content
- Save photos in a CD, DVD, or hard drive
- Magix Slideshow Maker
- Share videos on Youtube
Phototheca is a photo management software that allows you to import photos from different devices and share these photos to your social networks.
- Import photos from USB drives, cameras, cellphones, local drives, memory cards, iOS devices, and network shares
- Filter photos by date or camera model
- Calendar and timeline features
- Detects duplicate photos
- Supports multiple image and video formats
- Lets you tag videos with keywords and also write descriptions
- Share photos on Flickr, Google Photos, Facebook, and Twitter
- Smart Album feature
- Live Album feature
10. Photo Organizer
Photo Organizer is a free tool that allows you to keep digital photos organized and easy to find.
- Scans the computer for image files that are scattered all over the system and organizes them at a specific folder or location based on the metadata
- Rename multiple images in a batch
- Remove duplicate photos
- Undo changes and move images back to their original location
11. Pictomio Image Management
Pictomio is a software application that allows you to manage, categorize, search, and archive photos.
- Geotag photos and videos
- Create animated 2D and 3D slideshows
- Available in multiple languages such as German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and English
- Rotate and zoom videos
- Map view or trip view of images
- Manage trips
- Share photos on google photos, flickr, facebook, photobucket, and ImageShack
12. Adobe Bridge CC
Adobe Bridge CC is a media browsing application used to manage and work with digital assets of all kinds.
Photo Editing Software For Apple
- Organize and edit images in a batch
- Organize and keep HDR and panorama images
- Upload photos to Adobe Stock
- Drag-and-drop files
- Support for HIDPI and Retina displays
- Rename multiple files using a single command
- Browse, rate, and tag photos
- Convert image files into various formats
- Watermark photos
Free Photo Editing Software For Macbook
13. Nikon ViewNX-i
The Nikon ViewNX-i is a photo album software that features enhanced usability for different functions.
- Photo Tray function allows users to store still images or movie files temporarily from various folders to make editing easierr
- Easily switch between browse, map, and web service workspaces
- Create slideshows that include still images, videos, music, and titles
- Map travels when using GPS enabled cameras
- Upload files easily to Youtube, Facebook, and Nikon Imaging Space
- Flexible image adjustment and RAW processing
14. Microsoft Photos
Macbook Photo Editing Software Free
Microsoft Photo is an application that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share digital memories.
- Browse photo gallery by album, folder, or date
- Automatic creation of albums that can be edited to add personal touch
- Easy-to-use editor allows enhancement of photos
- Create, browse, and share albums using OneDrive
- Compare enhanced photo to original photo
FreshView is a multimedia organizer that allows you to manage and organize your multimedia files.
- Create and print HTML albums
- Create HTML page for images
- Save images in JPEG, GIF, and BMP formats
- Open different file types in different formats – image, video, audio
- Supports 86 multimedia formats including GIF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, Photo CD, PSD, MP3, MPEG, MIDI, AVI, and MOD
- View photos in a slide show with various effects available
- Image files can be displayed through a number of views
- Convert graphics front one type to another
IrfanView is a compact photo editor with viewer that provides a variety of tools and options to organize and enhance photos. It is one of the most popular viewers worldwide.
- Fast and compact
- Supports different languages
- Simple but powerful
- Supports around 120 image, video, and audio file formats
- Batch processing of multiple photos
- Add overlay image or text
- Create slideshows
- Offers support for plugins to add additional functionalities
- Create thumbnails and slideshows
- Edit metadata
- Search images
- Add effects and finishing touches to your photos with just a few clicks
Daminion is a digital assets management solution for saving images, documents, and videos structurally.
- Import, export, and manage files in a variety of formats including camera RAW images, music, video, PDF files, raster, and vector
- Import and export filter and tags data
- Resize and switch views with ease
- Group files by capture time
- Rename files, assign tags, and create subfolders while importing files
- Move folder with media files to a new location
- Open multiple catalogs in separate tabs
- Work with local and shared catalogs in the same workspace
- Share photos to Facebook and Flickr
- Convert files without creating duplicates
- Export media files with specific conversion rules
PicPerk is an image viewer and editing tool that supports the most common graphic formats.
- Supports formats such as GIF, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PCX, TGA, and WMF
- Convert, copy, move, rename, and delete files
- View photos as thumbnails or in a full screen
- Contains zoom functions
- 33 image-edition effects that includes red-eye removal, crop, and resize
Diffractor is an award-winning tool that allows you to organize and edit files. It is lightweight and is optimized for Windows. It uses standard file formats.
- Tag-toolbar that lets you quickly set or remove favorite tags
- Resize, rotate, crop, and adjust color in the images
- Index and search using metadata
- View photos even in RAW formats
- Play audio files and videos
- Filter media type by using keywords
- Add tags to your files for easy and convenient search
- Deleted unwanted photos
- Rate photos
- Use keywords and tags
- Use locations
Photoscape is an easy and fun photo editing software that allows you to fix and enhance images.
- Create a slideshow
- Edit multiple photos in one batch
- Merge multiple photos on a page frame to create the final photo
- Attach photos either vertically or horizontally to create just one photo
- Created an animated GIF using multiple photos
- Find similar faces on the internet
- Convert RAW files to JPG
- Rename files in one batch
There are various photo organizing or management tools and applications that are available in the market. These are the ones that you can download for free without having to pay for anything. There are other softwares that are also of good quality but you have to spend some cash to be able to access these applications. Always check for the reviews and the features of each tool or software to be able to decide the photo management tool that best suites your style and needs in managing your photos and videos.
Feature rich photo editing and design software
Photo Editing For Macbook Pro
PaintShop® Pro 2021 is your affordable photo editing and graphic design software—without the restrictions of a subscription.
Enhance your photos with professional image editing tools, or create impactful designs using new color palettes, brushes, gradients, patterns and textures. Enjoy a simplified user interface for faster navigation, improvements to your most used tools, and new workspaces to match your level of expertise.
PaintShop Pro 2021
- NEW Sea-to-Sky™ Workspace
- NEW AI Style Transfer
- NEW AI Artifact Removal
- NEW AI Denoise
- NEW AI Upsampling
A full 30-Day free trial of this photo editing software.
No credit card required.
Edit photos with pro-level tools
Enhance photos with a complete set of professional image editing tools for photo adjustment and composition. Enjoy the powerful, layer-based editing capabilities you’ll find in Photoshop—only more affordable and subscription free.
Create graphic design projects
Find everything you need to produce a variety of impactful graphic design projects. Design with layers, text, brushes, gradients, drawing and painting tools to create original cards, collages, banners, social media images and more.
Improve any photo with quick fixes
Make any image better with time-saving features, such as one-click adjustments for quick improvements, or use one of the many quick-fix tools: crop, straighten, clone, retouch, and remove red-eye.
Add effects for attention-grabbing photos
Apply over 100 fun filters to turn a photo into a piece of art, or create your own effects for endless ways to achieve a signature look for your photo.
Retouch and restore your favorite photos
PaintShop Pro provides you with many creative ways to retouch your images. Whether you want to remove a small scratch, erase the entire background, or simply correct red-eye, you’ll find the specialized tool you need.
Free Photo Editing Mac
Photo Editing Software
Other Free Photo Editing Software
Best Free Photo Editing Software Macbook