They traditionally create spreadsheet templates for Excel but also have some great templates for Google Sheets. Use this spreadsheet to update and manage your stock and keep track of your supplier information. This multi-page template is only available for Excel. Get the template: Stock Inventory Control (web page).
How to create stock chart in Excel?
For many stock companies or investors, the stock tables in Excel may be not direct enough to analyze the stock quotation. Now I will talk about creating a stock chart in Excel to better show every detail of the stock.
Create an Amazing Stock Portfolio Spreadsheet (Excel) Written by KCB in How-to, Informational, Portfolio, Stocks, Worksheet Using Google Sheets or Excel, you can build a custom spreadsheet that will allow you to see the information about your investments that matters most There are many tools online for investors to monitor their portfolios. Simply select the cells that contain the stock names/ticker symbols and navigate to the Data tab in the Excel Ribbon. Next click the Stocks button within the Data Types group. After click the Stocks button, Excel will attempt to convert as many of the selected cell’s values into stock data types. Geography Type some text in cells. If you want stock information, type a ticker symbol, company name, or fund name into each cell. Then select the cells. Although it's not required, we recommend creating an Excel table. Later on, this will make extracting online information. With the cells still.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Create stock chart in Excel
Amazing! Using Efficient Tabs in Excel Like Chrome, Firefox and Safari!
Save 50% of your time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you every day!
In general, a stock table includes the stock insurance date, the stock volume, stock opening price, closing price, the highest price and the lowest price just like the below screenshot shown.
In this case, you need to create the Volume-Open-High-Low-Close stock chart.
1. Select the data range, then click Insert > Other Charts > Volume-Open-High-Low-Close stock chart. See screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, click Insert > See All Charts arrow, then in the Insert Chart dialog, select Stock > Volume-Open-High-Low-Close stock chart under All Charts tab, and click OK to close this dialog. See screenshot:
Free Excel Stock Spreadsheets
2. Now a stock chart including all stock data is inserted in Excel. See screenshot:
In the default chart layout, the series are overlapped. For better viewing the data, you can format the chart Y axis.
3. Right click at the Y axis, and select Format Axis option from context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Format Axis dialog, check Fixed option of the Maximum, and type the larger number into the text box until the data in chart do not overlap. See screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, reset the Maximum value in the Format Axis pane. See screenshot:
5. Close dialog. Now you can see the stock chart shown as below:
Tip: There are four types of stock charts in Excel, you can create a suitable stock chart as you need.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Excel Stock History
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.MarketXLS would be great for this.
It cost a little but it will save you time.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.If your have over 200 records in your chart, it will quickly become unreadable. That is why we created a new Excel app called Yellohcharts. Our app enables you to visualize over 30.000 records in milliseconds, directly inside Excel. You can see the app in action on our website at www.yellohcharts.com and get all the details. Hope this helps.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.The data you have provided isn't accurate a stock markets only operates Monday to Friday.