- DAMAGE gives you 30 GB (16GB on disk) of drama, fusing industrial sounds and orchestral drums into a devastating electro-acoustic barrage. Percussive Kits provide more than 200 deeply sampled percussion sources, and over 500 single-shot elements, recorded in up to seven velocity layers and with up to nine round-robins per drum.
- 'Damage 2 elevates cinematic percussion with its phenomenal collection of organic and enhanced percussive sounds. When crystal clear, punchy, and energetic drums are needed, Damage 2 delivers.' Game of Thrones, Iron Man, Pacific Rim, Safehouse, The Great Wall, Westworld.
The concept for Cinematic Synthetic Drums (or simply, 'CSD') was simple enough: many modern film, TV and game scores use a rich variety of both acoustic and electronic material. In particular, composers often seek crisp electronic drums that fit nicely alongside orchestral and melodic synth sounds.
Epic Percussion, redesigned
After nearly a decade, the epic sequel to the iconic original has finally arrived. Damage 2 is here to, once again, melt your face off. It’s the epic ensembles recorded at Skywalker Sound. It’s the aggressively Damaged hybrid elements. It’s the 860+ gut-punching loops. It’s the truly-realistic crescendos, swells, and flourishes of the MIDI performance tool. It’s the three discrete engines with unique and inspiring workflows. This orchetral drums VST pack's all the things that made the original Damage great, except bigger, badder, and better. Welcome to the next generation of percussion virtual instruments.
What's included in Damage 2
The Ultimate Epic Percussion Toolkit, recorded at the legendary Skywalker Sound
1600 Unique Sources & Ensembles, from massive Drums to face-melting Damaged elements to inspiring Loops
Three Instruments deliver Three Next-Gen Workflows: the Ensemble Designer, Kit Designer, and Loop Designer
Create Truly Realistic crescendos, swells, flourishes, and more with the Unprecedented MIDI Performance Tool
200+ Snapshots delivered across 20 Categories, featuring Heavyocity's signature DAMAGED sound design
Damage 2 is brimming with over 40,000 samples, and nearly 60 GB’s of pure percussive inspiration. The Heavyocity team brought in truckloads of drums and percussive elements for the D2 Sessions; an arsenal of 24” to 72” gran casas, 24” to 60” Taikos, huge bass drums, giant snare ensembles, toms, ethnic drums, a myriad of struck found sound elements. Heck, Heavyocity even rolled a dumpster onto the world-class scoring stage at Skywalker Sound. And now, these nearly-1600 sources have been placed into your hands -- with five discrete mic channels (Close, Room, Hall, LFE, and CRUSH), and a highly-customizable performance and effects engine. The stage is set...now go forth, and Damage AGAIN!
Did you ever expect Heavyocity to release Damage 2 without a healthy dose of brutal impacts, visceral transitions, and devastating hits? They didn’t either. That’s why this cinematic beast comes ready to attack, with hundreds of Hybrid and Damaged sources, processed and mangled by the award-winning Heavyocity team. If you’ve ever reached for the aggressive and epic elements from the first Damage, then consider D2 a replenishing of the essentials. Make sure no matter what your next project is -- cue, track, or trailer -- it hits with the full power of Damage 2.
Ensemble Designer - Built for maximum playability and unparalleled epic sound, the Ensemble Designer is the cinematic centerpiece of Damage 2. Start with the intuitive Browser, which makes loading the giant collection of individual and custom-designed banks of sources quick and easy. Got your sources ready? Start dialing them in with five discrete mic positions (including an analog “CRUSH” mic and a low frequency “LFE” channel), and instant 3D positioning on the updated Stage. Next up, try your hand creating truly-realistic patterns, rolls, crescendos, swells, and more with the unprecedented MIDI performance tool. And what would Damage 2 be without your old friend PUNISH, this time with three distinct flavors -- Gently Now, Hurt Me Plenty, and Nightmare -- for when you really want to dial in the devastation.
Kit Designer - In the years Heavyocity spent developing Damage 2, they made the firm decision that inflicting Damage wasn’t going to be just for composers and our 88 weighted keys. Thus, the Kit Designer was born. Consider it a producer’s playground, with its 16-voice Drum Kit layout designed to integrate seamlessly with Maschine, MPC-type, and Standard MIDI kit control schemes. Those of you exclusively on keyboard controllers shouldn’t feel left out, the Kit Designer’s sounds are completely MIDI Note assignable, and the independent FX chains for each voice -- complete with compression, reverb, saturation, and more -- provide a ripe canvas for deep sound design and experimentation. Over 50 kit snapshots, stylized in Hybrid and Damaged categories, are great starting points for inspiring total track destruction.
Loop Designer - Damage loops have become the stuff of legends in artist, producer, and composer circles, so the Heavyocity team took the task of creating the D2 loops extremely seriously. Who doesn’t have a story where a Damage loop bailed you out from a fast-approaching deadline? The 864 tempo-synced loops in Damage 2 are built to be equally usable and equally inspiring. Covering Organic, Hybrid, and Damaged sound profiles in straight and triplet meters, Damage 2’s reimagined Loop Designer makes creating unique and immersive percussion beds almost too easy. When you’re ready to start tweaking, dial up the Modwheel to engage the Unique Send FX layer, allowing you to add modulation and effects to each loop. Build your own FX chain, and make the loops your own. Turn on the Modulation table to sequence the movement for even greater control. When time is tight, and you need percussion, Damage 2 will answer the call.
- 60 GB uncompressed (24.58 GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
- Available as direct download only
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- 41,395 Samples
- 1,596 Sources
- 208 Snapshot Presets
- 3 NKIs
Damage Cinematic Percussion Instruments
- Intuitive Browser to load in 700+ sources in octave banks and individual sounds
- Instant 3D positioning with updated Stage
- Five discrete mic positions (Close, Room, Hall, LFE, and analog CRUSH)
- Quickly create patterns, rolls, crescendos, and more with custom MIDI PERFORMANCE tool
- Redesigned Punish knob with three unique flavors (Gently Now, Hurt Me Plenty, Nightmare)
- Customizable Master FX chain
- 16-voice Drum Kit layout for quick and easy groove creation
- 50+ Custom-designed Kits
- Intuitive browser to load in sound sources to each key
- Independent FX chains for every voice – add compression, reverb, saturation, and more to each of the 16 voices
- 864 Loops (216 loops with 4 stems each)
- 432 Straight (108 with 4 stems)
- 432 Triplet (108 with 4 stems)
- Add modulation and effects to individual loops via Unique Send FX layer
Requires Kontakt 6.2.2 (Player) or later or the free Kontakt 6 Player.
This product requires the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers website.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
Damage Cinematic Percussion Minecraft
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.